De (financiële) wereld is de afgelopen jaren ingrijpend veranderd. Mede daardoor is de verzekeringsmarkt continu in beweging. Met onze producten en diensten willen we bij Aegon mensen in staat stellen financieel gezond oud te worden.
‘Innovation and agility’, a core need at Aegon since the increasingly fast-paced and ever-evolving environment is crucial to succeed tomorrow. Up for a challenge, passionate about M&A, Fintech and investments, then this might be your internship at Aegon Corporate Development. Company information
Aegon’s roots go back more than 170 years – to the first half of the nineteenth century. Since then, Aegon has grown into an international company, with businesses in more than 20 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Today, Aegon is one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon’s purpose is to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security. Over 28,000 Aegon employees help over 26 million customers take responsibility for their financial future. As of December 2017, we managed more than EUR 817 billion of our own and our customers' investments. Corporate Development
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon’s strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers. Currently, we have a large transaction pipeline, both buy-side and sell-side, whereas the size varies from small to large cap transactions, as well as varying in structure (e.g. majority stake, minority investments, joint ventures). We execute deals mostly ourselves, sometimes with the assistance of advisors, mostly being large international investment banks and/or transaction services specialists. Next to M&A origination and execution, we assist Aegon’s Management Board and the Aegon business units on strategic & financial matters, as well as on restructurings. Function description
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Corporate Development projects, and will be based at Aegon's headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Your activities include:
- Market scanning to identify potential changes in the competitive landscape or overall market trends
- In-depth analysis of companies (qualitative and quantitative analysis, financial projections, company profiles etc.), and assessment against a set of criteria for potential qualification as M&A opportunity
- Contribute to valuation analyses, such as DCF, LBO and multiples valuation, as well as other financial modeling
- Support due diligence processes in deal execution
- Reviewing confidential information (memorandums, financials, legal documentation etc.)
- Communicate your findings and conclusions to the project team
Final year (university/WO) BSc. or MSc. students, preferably, of Economics, Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering or Mathematics. Ideal candidates have a strong interest in M&A, demonstrable through relevant subjects studied in university and/or through previous internships in M&A, Private Equity, Corporate Development and/or Strategy Consulting. Must be highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and planning skills. Able to deal with ambiguity, to structure ideas in easy-to-understand formats and to effectively operate individually and within the team.
Furthermore your profile should fulfill the following criteria:
- Excellent academic results combined with extra-curricular activities;
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel (presentation skills, financial modelling etc.);
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills (clearly formulate a perspective, show critical thinking etc.);
- Self-starter with the ability and motivation for self-learning;
- Excellent oral and written English skills with at least some proficiency in Dutch;
- Previous experience in analyzing financial statements and with project management;
- Available for at least three months;
It is required to be enrolled at a university to take part in this internship. Applications that do not fulfill this criteria cannot be taken into consideration. Compensation
A challenging internship in an international, dynamic and inspiring work environment at one of the leading financial institutions:
- Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of M&A transactions across the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Exposure to transactions across different business lines (i.e. insurance, pensions, asset management, FinTech and banking), distribution channels and geographies
- Large international deal flow, strongly initiated and executed within the Corporate Development team of 9 highly driven professionals
- A competitive internship allowance
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry with competitive compensation and professional learning and development possibilities. Up to the challenge?
Do you have what it takes to become our intern at Corporate Development and do you fit the profile, then we look forward to receive your application and CV. For more information, please contact , Graduate Recruitment.