Are you curious about the financial processes behind the scenes of an international 5* hotel? And would you like to work in an environment that brings out the best in you? Than the position Accounting Trainee at Hotel Des Indes is the right place for you.
Hotel Des Indes is a beautiful five star hotel in the heart of The Hague. With its rich history and historical building, the hotel provides The Hague with elegance and grandeur for more than 130 years. Guest are the center point within Hotel Des Indes and as a team we will do everything we can to exeed the expectations of our guests.
In our team we ensure that we all work together in order to successfully execute our jobs. The team consists of the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk and a trainee. During the traineeship, the trainee will go through the entire department, so that a good picture can be obtained of the tasks. The most important tasks are:
- Draw up a daily report verifying and checking the day’s income and expenses, including allowances and initiating corrective actions.
- Verify if all F&B revenue and payments have been processed correctly and all tickets have been closed.
- Verify if all credit card and debit transactions have been processed and paid.
- Process and reply to guest requests and correspondence which also includes refunds.
- Assist with the processing of invoices received and cost brought to the hotel to be paid on time.
- Controlling the purchasing system and assisting the storekeeper with the ordering of goods.
- Assisting and contributing to month-end closing process.
In addition to the above activities there are much more tasks and projects which the trainee is able to do and to improve the overall process.
Trainings and other advantages
- Flexible, Stress resistant and a real team player
- HBO (Hotel) related study
- English language is required
- Affinity with commercial and financial processes
- Analytical power
- A basic knowledge of Excel
Hotel Des Indes, part of Marriott International, offers a wide variety of trainings. Next to these trainings they also offer other advantages, such as discounts on luxurious 4 and 5 star Starwood properties and on the F&B departments of the Marriott International hotels in the Netherlands.
- Den Haag