Do you want an internship in Concierge Trainee W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals?
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
We are looking for a Concierge Trainee who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation. It is critical that the Concierge Trainee represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
- The Concierge Trainee is responsible for the daily operations in order to meet and exceed guests’ needs and business requirements and adherence to service standards and operating procedures
- The Concierge Trainee is required to conduct their duties and responsibilities in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
- You will be our go to guy for what’s new/next in Amsterdam and inform our guests about the newest, coolest insiders spots in Amsterdam.
- You will be making reservations and confirm booking in hotels, restaurants, flights, clubs etc. You will also organise our guest transport (taxi, train, bus, etc.).
- You will welcome our guests and personnel.
- Together with the welcome desk and the welcome desk manager you will prevent and take care of guest complaint and practice service recovery when needed.
This job description reflects only the main tasks and can be expanded or modified at any time.
It is important that you have empathy and you like working in an international team. Also, it is important to know that we will appreciate a minimum length of 5 months internship for students who are following a MBO / HBO (hospitality related) study. Moreover, fluency in English and Dutch is mandatory.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!