Aegon is an international provider of life insurance, pensions and asset management that employs 23,000 people and serves nearly 47 million customers in more than 20 countries around the world. Our overall company mission is to “Transform Tomorrow” for our customers as we help them take responsibility for their financial future.
At Aegon’s Corporate Center headquarters in The Hague, approximately 300 people of different nationalities work closely together in departments that include Finance, Treasury, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, Strategy & Sustainability, Investor Relations, HR and Communications.
If you’re looking to apply your theoretical expertise in practice during your studies, then we’d like to invite you to Aegon, where new tasks and exciting challenges await you. Interns are given the chance to quickly complete assignments independently, allowing them to gain their first practical experience.
Over a period of +/- five to six months and in keeping with your qualifications and agreed-upon goals, you will work in the Brand & Customer Strategy team (part of Strategy & Sustainability). You will be working on a broad array of projects, which entails for example co-organising our annual forum on customer loyalty (The Aegon Customer Strategy Campus) and our yearly recognition program “The Global Aegon Awards”, interviewing people from different countries and organisational levels to write down their best practices and sharing those practices among all Aegon countries via our communities, intranet, newsletters and our global magazine on Customer Experience. We will also involve you in numerous smaller day-to-day activities and projects aimed at helping our Aegon Countries all over the world to improve the experience they deliver to our customers. Main Fields:
- Marketing / Market research / Customer Service & experience.
- Corporate/internal Communications / JournalismPeriod:
Five to six months internship starting as from May.
- Bachelor (or Master) study in eg marketing/communications/business economics/Hotelschool etc
- Solid English skills (both speaking and writing) and computer literacy (MS office) are indispensable, and another foreign language is preferable
- On top of this, some knowledge of e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premier Pro, HTML5 and experience with Sharepoint 2013 would also be useful.
- Experience in writing, editing and interviewing are required
- Some knowledge of survey tools and (basic) survey analysis
- Experience in international environment is desirable, as is a sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Personal initiative and teamwork, but also the ability to work on your own
- Accuracy is something which is naturally for you
- Readiness to take on responsibility (“can do”) and keeping deadlines should round out your profile
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry with competitive compensation and professional learning and development possibilities.
Aegon’s head office is located at Aegonplein 50, 2591 TV The Hague. Our building is easily accessible via Den Haag Mariahoeve train station, bus 24, or Aegonplein tram stop.
Applications should include your CV and cover letter.