Are you curious about the financial processes behind the scenes of an international 5 * hotel?
Hotel Des Indes is a beautiful five star hotel in the heart of The Hague. With its rich history and historical building, the hotel provides The Hague with elegance and grandeur for more than 130 years. Guest are the center point within Hotel Des Indes and as a team we will do everything we can to exeed the expectations of our guests.
In our team we ensure that we all work together for a daily, weekly and monthly basis in order to successfully execute our jobs. The team consists of the Financial Controller, 2 permanent staff and 1 trainee. During (at least) 5 months the trainee will go through the entire department, so that a good picture can be obtained of the administrative organization and the way in which the monthly profit and loss account and balance sheet.
A few of the work are:
· Processing of credit card payments. This means that the trainee is responsible for the control, the administrative processing and submitting the credit cards, so the hotel receives the correct amounts of payment.
· Billing, telephoning and writting entreat of (deposit) -debtors. Keeping of statistical credit information, such as the age of the outstanding claims.
· Assist the accounts payable paperwork. Here is the check, books and pay bills of creditors. This will give you an understanding of the natures of the hotel.
· Assist in the processing of cash contributions from the Front Office and F&B outlets
· Posting of invoices in Oracle
· Check open purchase orders in Birchstreet
· Check outstanding invoices twice a month
- Store keeping and stock control
- F&B menu engineering and cost control
In addition to the above activities there are plenty of 'projects' which the trainee can do to improve the overall process.
Within the accounting department it is of importance that the trainee is flexible, stress resistant and enterprising, but above all, it is important that you are a real team player!
It is also important to know that this course is only available for students:
· HBO (Hotel) related study
· English language is required
· Affinity with commercial and financial processes
· Analytical power
· Accuracy and quantified insight
Hotel Des Indes offers a wide variety of trainings. This gives you the possibility to develop yourself on technical level and invest in a possible future career at Starwood Hotels & Resorts. When you are curious about other departments in Starwood Hotels the Netherlands you can apply for a cross training. Besides the on the job training, the following training will be offered: Next Generation Service Culture Training; this is an interactive and educational training of 120 days consisting out of botch classroom sessions as online modules. During these sessions you learn everything about Starwood as a hotel chain and in particular the Luxury Collection as one of its 9 lifestyle brands. This is a standard training all associates need to attend. All other trainings are to your availability as well, just inform your manager what you would like to learn and we will see if it is possible.
Booking StarHOT-rates. This is your opportunity to experience luxurious 4 and 5 star Starwood properties without paying top price! Moreover, you will receive 50% discount on the F&B department in the 2 hotels of Starwood The Netherlands (Hotel Des Indes and Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel).
- Den Haag