Scope & General Purpose of Job: Assists operationally and administratively in the achievement of the department’s pre-determined goals.
As an Events Management Trainee you will assist the Assistant Events Operation Manager with the day to day events operations. You will share our commitment to creating effortless experiences – whatever the needs, whatever the occasion – and ensure guests and planners can confidently leave every detail to us. You have the expertise and confidence to execute flawlessly, no matter if a meeting of many or a gathering of a few. Daily tasks will include but are not limited to: assisting with the daily functions of the events department, ensuring the successfulness of events and working closely with other departments to confirm all guest requests are met.
Uncomplicated, hard-working, young-at-heart, genuine, hospitable, vibrant....what do these words mean to you? Do they describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with? If so, then come be a part of the international chain Hyatt Regency Amsterdam!
Interactions with others teach us the most about ourselves: what’s important to us, how we spend our time, what interests and excites us. It’s the connections we make that shape who we are.
We’ve created a place designed around the power of meaningful connections. A place filled with delightful surprises. Where guests come together to share, socialize and collaborate; to exchange ideas with colleagues, reconnect with friends, family or with themselves; and recharge in the course of their busy lives. A place of dynamic interactions: from quick coffee dates to shared culinary experiences to meetings and special events, energizing its many spaces. Everything is right here, under our roof and within easy reach. Our commitment to creating effortless experiences whatever the need, whatever the occasion, ensures guests and planners can confidently leave every detail to us.
Welcome to making the most of all of life’s connections. Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Amsterdam!
Hyatt Regency Amsterdam will offer 211 guestrooms, including 13 suites. The hotel will feature 4 meeting and a ballroom space, a restaurant, a bar and lounge and a fitness center. The Mama Makan restaurant and bar, inspired by the Dutch Grand Café in Indonesia will offer culinary specialties, with Dutch and Indonesian influences.
Our ideal candidate…
We are able to offer you a dynamic and rewarding traineeship at one of the premier hotels in the Amsterdam region. We look forward to hearing from you!Please note
- Is currently enrolled in a program related to the hospitality or tourism industry
- Is available for minimum 6 months
- Seeks opportunities to incorporate positive changes that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to keep work on track; must be detail oriented
- Communicates messages effectively, verbally and in writing
- Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills should be your strength
- Builds and maintains relationship with associates and managers
- A motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic personality that would fit both the position and Hyatt Regency’s organization culture perfectly
- Proficiency in English is necessary, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- we do not provide accomodation nor visa for international students (outside EU).