PACCAR Financial is implementing a Data Warehouse containing stock, sales and financial information. The result is that a lot of data could be available in a central environment, but structured reports derived from this data is missing, currently.
- Analyze all relevant data sources and recommend what data should feed the data warehouse.
- Define KPI’s for the Used Truck business that are measurable via the data warehouse.
- Define recommendations based on conducted research.
- Assist with data collection and preparation from internal and external sources.
- Maintain regular reporting and develop Business Intelligence reporting.
Start internship: September 2019
- For this assignment we are searching for a driven and enthusiastic Bachelor or Master student in quantitative degree (Business Intelligence, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Business, ICT, or any other related fields).
- You possess analytical skills.
- You know how to read Excel reports and how to perform analyses with Excel.
- You have knowledge of BI tools such as Power BI.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and best practices is preferred.
- You are fluent in the English language, both verbal and written form.
The DAF Used Trucks department, part of PACCAR Financial Europe, is responsible for remarket DAF’s used trucks globally via professional sales channels to current and potential DAF operators. Besides sales, it’s also responsible for managing the return process of DAF trucks from buyback or operational lease contracts. This process includes the inspection of returning vehicles and handling the potential damages.
Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the . During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 250,- (MBO), € 375,- (HBO) , € 450,- (WO) based on 36 hours;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? you can read stories of our former interns.