... Assignment: Improving aftermarket purchasing process to support new truck model introduction Content assignment:The Parts Purchasing department is responsible for the sourcing of all...
Assignment: Improving aftermarket purchasing process to support new truck model introduction
The Parts Purchasing department is responsible for the sourcing of all service parts sold via our DAF dealer network. The department has a key role in supplier selection and negotiating commercial conditions for the service parts. The assignment will focus on:
(1) defining the goals of our department and all its key processes by analyzing stakeholder needs and translating this into (strategic) activities.
(2) With a new model introduction it is important to have the right parts available for the customer at the right time at the right costs. Your assignment will therefore also focus on mapping the total new parts release process including all its stakeholders from design and technical release of the part to ready for sale at the dealer.
1. What is the key strategy (mission / vision) for our department
2. What are the key processes as a derivative from that strategy
3. How to make sure the key processes are embedded in the day to day activities
4. How are parts released to support new truck model introductions describe in detail the current process of releasing new parts and propose improvements.
DAF Trucks is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc. The DAF Trucks N.V. purchasing organization is part of PACCAR Corporate Purchasing and goes under the name of PACCAR Purchasing Europe. It is responsible for the delivery of goods and services to production units in Eindhoven and Westerlo (DAF Purchasing) and to Leyland (Leyland Purchasing). The PACCAR Purchasing Europe organization is subdivided into Product Projects, Production Purchasing, Non-Production Purchasing, Parts Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA).
DAF wants to give substance to "Strategic Supply Management" in an effective, proactive and interdisciplinary manner, in the following five areas: Quality, Logistics, Know-how, Competitive position and Competitive position Price. The supplier must have a favourable market position and financial position & the total costs within the value chain must be competitive.
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an inspiring and challenging environment. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for our continuing success as a truck manufacturer. The strategic necessity for cost reduction must in part be achieved via the purchasing process. The Commodity Managers have a central role in this process. They are responsible for the overall procurement of an assigned product group. They act as the ‘spider in the web’ between external suppliers and the internal customers. They are responsible for a sound supplier selection and perform the contract negotiations. Their responsibility is to buy the necessary products subject to the most favourable conditions in terms of quality, price and delivery reliability. In addition, they constantly engage in conducting market research and benchmarking in order to respond quickly to new market trends.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.