How can DAF Trucks improve its risk management process in order to buy, maintain and control its aftermarket supply chain to secure product availability at a competitive price.
Analytical, conceptial capabilities, attention to detail, and good communication skills both in English (= mandatory) and Dutch.Master graduation assignment at the Purchasing department of DAF Trucks Eindhoven.
Duration: 3-6 months
DAF Trucks is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc. The DAF Trucks N.V. purchasing organization is part of PACCAR Corporate Purchasing and goes under the name of PACCAR Purchasing Europe. It is responsible for the delivery of goods and services to production units in Eindhoven and Westerlo (DAF Purchasing) and to Leyland (Leyland Purchasing). The PACCAR Purchasing Europe organization is subdivided into Product Projects, Production Purchasing, Non-Production Purchasing, Parts Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA).
DAF wants to give substance to "Strategic Supply Management" in an effective, proactive and interdisciplinary manner, in the following five areas: Quality, Logistics, Know-how, Competitive position and Competitive position Price. The supplier must have a favorable market position and financial position & the total costs within the value chain must be competitive.
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an inspiring and challenging environment. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for our continuing success as a truck manufacturer. The strategic necessity for cost reduction must in part be achieved via the purchasing process.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the . During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
- Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? you can read stories of our former interns.