Start your career as Front Office Trainee at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.Location
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.Job Description
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a Welcome desk Trainee who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation.
It is critical that the Welcome desk Trainee represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.Responsibilities
- As a Welcome desk Trainee I am one of the key talents to provide our guests a warm welcome.
- It is my job to ensure that our guests are greeted upon arrival and provided with an efficient check-in. My responsibility during check in is to ensure that all guest preferences are fulfilled as well as retrieving all necessary guest information like the method of payment.
- The Welcome desk Trainee is often the first point of contact for guests, we need to be extremely knowledgeable of the hotel, the facilities and the area. I often need to multitask and should be able to remain calm in sometimes busy situations. As a Welcome desk Trainee we occasionally have to deal (and learn how to deal) with difficult situations.
- W is all about creating memorable experience, and we encourage all of our talents to be creative and go the extra mile for our guests.
- Being a Welcome desk Trainee I am also responsible for the lasting impression of the hotel: during check-out I ensure that the guests enjoyed their experience. The billing needs to be accurate and payment needs to be obtained.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
- MBO / HBO Practical Internship
- Follow hospitality education
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 5 months
This position will start as per July/August 2017