BRILLIANT FINANCE TRAINEE DELIGHTED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUTURE OF TRAVEL.
Are you thoughtful, dynamic and inventive? With skill and imagination you are able to create a memorable experience, unique to each guest. Then we are looking for you as our new Finance Intern!
The Hague Marriott is the largest hotel in The Hague and is ideally located in the middle of the picturesque "Statenkwartier" district, next to convention centre World Forum, prime-minister’s residence “Catshuis" and "Gemeentemuseum", between city centre and beach.
With 306 comfortable rooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite, this luxury hotel offers the perfect solution for any stay. GENERAL MISSION
The accounting Department exists out of a Financial Controller, an Assistant Financial Controller, an Financial administrator and a Finance Trainee who supports the entire department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Rotating between the different areas within the team: Accounts Receivable, Income Audit, Accounts Payable and General Cashier
- Receiving, sending and controlling of invoices
- Controlling and booking of expenses
- Checking the petty cash, money float and cash dropped
- Several administrative tasks
Below you will find an overview of the tasks and responsibilities that you will experience throughout your time with us:
- Advise the Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Conference and Events department on the correctly booking of revenue and assist on making corrections when required.
- Ensure all cash is received and reported correctly
- The receiving and processing of the incoming and outgoing invoices and have them booked accurately and timely
- Advise departments on keeping consistency regarding finance policies within their department
- Audit the financial processes within the hotel to ensure internal processes and best practices are upheld
- Reporting on income audit, ensure revenue is correctly booked and credit card payments are banked and accounted for
- Assist on month end closure processes
- Arrange inventory counts and record correctly and timely
- Participate in the daily briefings
- Contacting and assisting guests regarding invoices and payments
- Participate in internal meetings and training courses