Start your internship as B&F Trainee at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district. The W Amsterdam opened in October 2015.
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a B&F Trainee who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation.
It is critical that the B&F Trainee represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
- The B&F Trainee is responsible for the daily operations in order to meet and exceed guests’ needs and business requirements and adherence to service standards and operating procedures.
- The B&F Trainee is required to conduct their duties and responsibilities in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
- You are responsible for welcoming, helping and caring for guests. It is your role to look after all of their food and drinks orders as well as answer and questions they may have on the menu or hotel. Further to this it is your job to advise and introduce new experiences to the guests such as a cocktail they would like or food they have never tried.
- An important aspect of the role is to ensure you build a good relationship with the guests. It is key for the guests of W Amsterdam to feel relaxed and comfortable in the knowledge that you are their Trainee for the evening; knowing you will ensure they have no delays, confusion or incorrect service with all of their orders.
- Your shift is often split between being based around the tables on the floor, checking guests are ok and offering service but also at the bar collecting orders and translating these to the bar staff and kitchen. To fulfil the role you need to ensure you have good organisation skills, enthusiasm and a great smile!
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a teamplayer and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
This is an exciting role for a student who is looking for a role where they can establish a new brand and new hotel on the Amsterdam Scene.
MBO / HBO Practial Intership
Follow hospitality education
Fluent in English
Internship available per June/July 2017.