Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide.Uncomplicated, sophisticated, young-at-heart, genuine, hospitable, vibrant....what do these words mean to you? Do they describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with? If so, then come be a part of the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht! The hotel combines the best of lifestyle and boutique hotels with a contemporary and personal approach. The hotel offers 117 artistically inspired spacious guestrooms ranging between 27 and 36 sq m and 5 luxury suites ranging from 55 to 141 sq m.
In the role of Events Sales Trainee you will be responsible to act as a sales specialist in the area of events and work very closely with our sales team. The position covers the relationship building, event management and administrative tasks.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Focuses on sales efforts and successful preparation and coordination of events.
- Supports the events clientele during the complete process; from contract making till representing the hotel during the event itself.
- Reviews and facilitates communication before, during and post event with the operational hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
- Maintains good relationship with the established clientele and provides all necessary assistance when required.
- Works closely together with Event Sales Coordinator and reports to Event Sales Manager.
- Works closely with the other Sales team members and assists wherever possible.
- Conducts extensive competitor research and maintains excellent product knowledge of the hotel.
We are able to offer you a dynamic and rewarding traineeship at one the premier hotels in the Amsterdam region.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our ideal candidate:
- We are looking for a candidate who is currently enrolled in a program related to the hospitality or tourism industry.
- Seeks opportunities to incorporate positive changes that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to keep work on track. Must be detail oriented.
- Communicates messages effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills should be your strength.
- Builds and maintains relationship with associates and managers to gain trust and understand their needs.
- A creative, hands-on and outgoing personality would fit both the position and Hyatt´s organization culture perfectly.
- Preferably available for five months or longer.
- Proficiency in English is necessary, proficiency in Dutch is preferred.