The Stewarding management trainee is responsible for managing all back of the house operations, excluding the actual food production. You will supervise the operations of the stewarding department during the morning, afternoon, and evening shifts to ensure proper ware washing and kitchen utensil sanitation. You are expected to maintain back of the house and all outlets surfaces and utensils clean and in compliance with hotel guidelines. As a management Trainee you will work closely with the Stewarding Manager.Main duties:
- Direct colleagues in completion of tasks as designated by assignment sheets and/or needs
- Kitchen sanitation including strict compliance with Dept. of Health requirements and ordinances
- Responsible for the transport of perishable and non-perishable assets between the existing facilities and other locations
- Responsible for maintenance of food area including inventory and purchasing
- Responsible for developing weekly schedules while maintaining labor costs and labor budgets
- Assist with hiring, training, reviewing, disciplinary action and termination of colleagues within Stewarding Department
- Oversee requisition of all equipment necessary for events
- Manage flow of activity in the kitchen during production and during events
- Assist with plating out during sit-down dinners as well as setting up and preparing coffee for events
- May be required to assist other departments with setting up meals/ buffets
- Insure departmental safety procedures are being followed
- Ensures proper usage and preventative maintenance of all machinery and equipment used in the Stewarding Department.
- Set-up and maintain inventory of supplies, plan and budget the purchasing of China glassware and silverware for the entire F&B division.
- To create a productive, efficient, and enjoyable work environment by motivating colleagues, implementing new procedures, generating new ideas, and instilling values of company within the team.
- To multi task and handle numerous tasks at once.
- Strong attention to details to insure that hotel standards of quality are maintained
- To operate ware washing equipment and handle extreme room temperatures
- To direct subordinates to complete assigned tasks as well as assist in performing tasks that are normally delegated to subordinates
- To communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary
We are looking for a student which recognizes itself in the following profile:
- Eager to learn
Are you interested in this educational internship and are to open to the hectic of a luxury hotel? In that case we like to receive your CV and motivation letter. Please send this to . Other information
The Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam is a luxury lifestyle hotel at the Museumplein in Amsterdam. The hotel ushers a new experience of exceptional hospitality. The hotel features 129 rooms and suites, 1000 square meters of Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center and several restaurants and bar. For more information please look at or keep an eye on our Facebook page.