Business Development Intern – Landlord & Space Team Amsterdam
Who are we?
OuiOpen is the AIRBNB of (pop-up) retail space. We are the leading European marketplace for finding and booking short-term commercial space to create pop-up stores, showrooms, product launches and other events.
Working with leading global brands such as Samsung, Armani, Karl Lagerfeld and Heineken, we now manage 2000+ spaces and have processed over 15,000 client requests.
Our mission is to provide access to high-quality pop-up space, in every major city, globally.
Interested? Apply now!
Who you are
As the European leader of sourcing and renting pop-up retail space, we are expanding globally and fast. To support development of our Amsterdam company, we are now looking for a self-starting star to join our Landlord Partnerships Team as a Business Development Intern. As an integral part of the Amsterdam office, you will be primarily responsible for sourcing and managing landlords. You will also be working alongside senior management so you will be a hard working and articulate graduate that can work at a fast pace and is passionate about changing the landscape of the retail industry.
This is a valuable internship that will take you around Amsterdam, meeting and influencing commercial landlords everyday. We are looking for people who can start immediately on an on-going basis.
Interested? Apply now!
What you will get to work on:
- Prospecting commercial spaces through online resources and out-of-office scouting
- Communicating with landlords to convince them to list their space on our platform
- Building and maintaining partner relationships
- Providing excellent customer service and proactively communicating with landlords
- Working with our KPIs and influencing key decision-makers
- Preparing details and photos of new spaces for publication on our website
- Handling of all space related communications with landlords
- Monitoring of existing spaces listed on our platform
- Pitching and presenting at boardroom level
- Strong negotiation skills, personable and commercially-minded
- A competitive and numerate individual.
Experience working in sales or contract negotiation is a plus
- Target-focused, high-energy, entrepreneurial and hardworking self starter
- Excellent writing skills for email and external communication with clients
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Smart, intuitive and strict attention to detail
- A genuine interest in retail and commercial property
- Knowledge of Amsterdam geographically (i.e. key shopping destinations and streets)
- Fluent in Dutch. Good communication in English
- Gain 360 degrees exposure to all aspects of the business
- Receive sales & communication training
- Spend your day working with innovative international brands and landlords
- Visit Amsterdam's most beautiful shopping destinations and architecture
- Be part of an ambitious, young team in a fast-growing global tech-startup
- Make your mark on the company and be responsible for your own work
- Work side-by-side with senior management
- Receive support and coaching, giving you the opportunity to own your own learning curve
- Given responsibility with the potential for career progression at OuiOpen. Supervisory and management positions are available for outstanding interns that demonstrate clear potential.
Our office is located right in the center of Amsterdam at the Singel canal. You are surrounded by entrepreneurial people in a dynamic workplace. The office is easy to reach and close to everything that matters in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
We coach and mentor you throughout your internship. Together we set learning goals and we track your progress to ensure you gain the experience you need.
Through our extensive network you have the ability to meet many other entrepreneurs and businesses.
Great social events and drinks to enjoy the rewards of building our success together.
Start: As Soon As Possible | Period: 3-6 months (ongoing)
Remuneration: €400.- p/month | Hours per week: 24-40
Send us an e-mail with your c.v. today and we will get back to you to schedule a talk.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- HBO, Universiteit
- Stage, Afstudeerstage